BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 6, 2010

Creamed Spinach

Alas, I am totally "stoked"(is that even used as slang anymore?? or is that totally 80's??) that I found some time to share all my recipes and catch up on my blog here. 3+ blogs in one day....wow!

This creamed spinach recipe is awesome I tell you.

It's a quick and easy recipe as well.

I wish I had a photo. I'll have to take one next time just to show you how yummy it looks and it tastes even better!


Creamed Spinach


Ingredients:

2 Tblsp Butter
2 10-oz pkgs Frozen Spinach(thawed and drained)
1/2 med onion, diced
1 Tblsp garlic(more or less to taste)
3-4 oz Cream Cheese(if you don't want to waste a whole 8 oz bar by only using half of it, just get the 3 oz bar, otherwise just double the recipe and your problem is solved)
1/2 cup milk
Nutmeg

Melt butter in frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook 3 minutes. Add the cream cheese(I mash/stir it in with a fork) and milk until it's smooth and creamy. Add nutmeg.  I just sprinkle it all over the top, I don't even measure it. I love nutmeg. You'll kind of smell it as it's cooking.

Add spinach to the mixture. Cook about ten minutes or so until piping hot. Let it stand five minutes or so.

Serve.

0 comments: